Preparing for your imminent bundle can leave you mildly absent minded when it comes to yourself. So here is a little list of must have items to treat your post birth body to. Believe me, there are some areas that will need more attention than others!
- Angel Baby butt balm – You simply cannot live without this item once you’ve delivered vaginally! Got hemorrhoids now? Wait til you give birth. This is a serious MUST HAVE item.
- C- section healing cream - Planning a c-section? Then Scar Repair Booster by Mambino Organics is the healing cream for you!
- Sore nipples? - Apply Weleda baby face cream – to your tender nipples. Why this and not nipple cream? I've tested a lot of products, and found this to be the most effective. The healing properties of calendula are quickly absorbed and it doesn’t taste bad should baby ingest some cream. Once your breasts have healed, use it on babies soft face.
- Nature Baby breast pads – biodegradable and compostable. Absorb well and don’t leave cotton fluff on your nipples.
- Breast pump – I use the Medela Harmony, because I’m an occasional expresser. Before rushing out to buy a pump, wait to see how your milk supply is once your baby is born. Then think about how often you’ll pump. It’s easy to order one online, or have your husband, partner, friend or relative pick the one you want up from a store. My breasts were severely engorged with both births and I had to pump and dump on the third day once my milk flooded in.
- Heavy duty sanitary pads - I love the Natracare chemical free pads.
- Personal hygiene wipes - Natracare certified Organic Cotton natural wipes, are enriched with calendula and chamomile and gentle on your sensitive nether regions. They are chemical free and flushable, and come in tiny packs you can tote in your purse.
Visit Maternitique.com for a fantastic selection of natural pregnancy and post partum healing products.